Thursday, October 12, 2017

Sugar-free Coconut Macaroons

Sugar-free Coconut Macaroons

easy

Who says you can't have delicious baked goods on a low carb lifestyle while everyone else is eating cookies during the holidays!?! :)



And here's another simple cookie recipe for the holiday season. So very easy and so very good.




Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Beat the egg whites in a bowl. Put in the sweetener and vanilla and mix. Then start adding the coconut and mixing together. Start with 1 1.2 c. and see if it looks thick enough to make balls out of and if not add more of the coconut. You can use a spoon or a small ice cream scoop to form the balls for the cookies. I think my ice cream scoop may have been on the large side and so you can make yours smaller. 



I smashed mine down slightly on the parchment covered cookie sheet. I baked them for about 10 minutes and they were golden brown on top. Then I put some sugar-free chocolate chips in a ramekin bowl and put it in the microwave for 30-second intervals until the chips are melted. So zap them for 30 seconds, take out and stir, then zap again for 30 seconds, and keep doing it like that until they're a melty consistency. Then I spread a layer of chocolate on the bottoms of about half of the cookies. Yum! 



I think this makes the third or fourth cookie recipe I've listed on the blog. So please look for the pecan meringue and the almond butter cookies and in with the almond butter cookies I include a recipe link to Paula Deen's Magical Peanut Butter Cookies. I have one more shortbread type cookie that I will be listing soon.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment