Saturday, October 7, 2017

Fathead Pizza Made My Way



Fathead Pizza Made My Way

easy




Fathead pizza dough has been around for a while but I'd only made it a few times because I didn't care to stick my hands in the warm mozzarella cheese and make it into a dough. You had to microwave the cheese and wonder if it was too hot for the eggs, etc. All that seemed like a lot of trouble to me.

I got to wondering if there was an easier way to make some pizza dough. So this is what I did. I didn't warm the cheese. I threw everything in a food processor and let it go until it started forming a dough. 


Ingredients:

  • 1/2 c. canned parmesan cheese
  • 1 c. Bob's Red Mill almond meal  
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 bag (4 c.) mozzarella cheese, shredded
  • 1 1/2 cups of the lowest carb spaghetti sauce you can find 
Put the eggs in, the parm cheese, the almond meal, and almost half the bag of mozzarella cheese in the machine. Process until a ball of dough forms. Remove the dough and spread it onto a pizza pan or another pan to bake it in. Spray the pan with cooking spray so it doesn't stick. I put plastic wrap between on top of the dough and used a rolling pin to spread it but you could use a round glass or just use your fingers. 



Put the dough in a preheated 350-degree oven for about 7-10 minutes until the crust starts turning a light brown around the edges. 



And while the crust was baking I prepared my toppings. I sliced some onions very thinly. You can do green peppers the same way. I like using a mandolin vegetable slicer for doing this.





Spread the sauce evenly on the crust. I used an organic Aldi's brand sauce which was the lowest I could find in carbs. I  put sliced black olives on half of it. And I used sliced ham, pepperoni, and bacon bits. 


 


Now cover the pizza with the remaining shredded mozzarella cheese and pop back into the oven. Cook for 10 mins. or so, until the cheese is melty and brown. I like mine sort of dark. And the onions were ever so slightly crunchy, which I like. 





This crust is the next best thing to carry out and without all the carbs! I hope you enjoy it. 


Now for the disclaimer;

I am part of the Amazon affiliate program and the links I post will earn me a small commission if you shop through them. However, it does NOT raise the price you are charged in any way. Thank you!

1 comment: