Thursday, October 12, 2017

Corned Beef and Sauerkraut Casserole - low carb


Corned Beef and Sauerkraut Casserole

easy 


This dish is like a Reuben sandwich and has all the same ingredients except for the carby bread. I got the idea from watching a youtube video by a low carber named Kristy. She's been very successful in her weight loss journey. I'm sorry but I don't remember the name of her channel. I've tweaked the recipe a little to suit my tastes and because there's only myself eating low carb at the house. 
 





  • 1 can sauerkraut
  • 1 can corned beef
  • 1/2 pkg. shredded swiss cheese
  • 1/2 pkg. provolone cheese
  • 1 1/2 t. minced dried onions
  • 1 1/2 T. caraway seeds
  • 1/2 c. sugar-free Thousand Island dressing

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. I used a baking dish that is 8x8 inches. 

I chopped up the corned beef into med. to small pieces and put in a bowl. I put in the sauerkraut, cheeses, and caraway seed, minced onion, thousand island dressing, and stirred. Now I couldn't find any shredded provolone cheese so I just cut up slices into small pieces myself and that can be done with the swiss cheese if you don't have it already shredded. I've also not found thousand island dressing anywhere and so I make my own just like I have to make my own coleslaw dressing because they all have sugar in them which raises the amount of carbs., of course.




Next thing is to stick it in the oven and you let it bake for approximately 30 minutes.


Thousand Island Dressing

  • 1/2 c. mayonnaise
  • 1/4 c. sugar-free pickle relish
  • 1 T. reduced sugar ketchup (Heinz)

And that is a basic thousand island salad dressing. Easy peasy to make.  




And this is what the finished product should look like. I served mine with a small dinner salad on the side. It good when it comes out of the oven but it's also very good as leftovers, too. 



 

I hope you give it a try and enjoy it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment