Friday, September 22, 2017

No Potato Tater Salad - low carb



No Potato Tater Salad

easy





I do love some potato salad and I would buy it already made just about every time I'd go to the grocery store. I particularly got hooked on the Amish kind. Looking back, I have to say that I think the reason was that it was sweet and must have sugar in it. Sugar is such a trigger for me. I feel like it's akin to cocaine for folks like me. 

So, what do I do about my desire for tater salad? Make my own low carb version and stay away from evil sugar. And I have to say that the longer I go without sugar the more my taste buds change and a lot of things will seem too sweet. 

Without further ado, here is my version of No Potato Tater Salad. 

  • 1 med. head cauliflower florets cut into pieces, cooked in salted water for 5-7 mins and drained
  • 1 c. mayo
  • 1 T. yellow mustard
  • 1/2 small onion, diced (use purple onion if you want more color)
  • 1 -2 stalks celery, sliced
  • 2 boiled eggs, chopped
  • 3 T. Mt. Olive No Sugar Relish
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • paprika (optional)

After the cauliflower has cooked and been drained, just take a fork and chop it into smaller pieces in a bowl. Add all the ingredients, except the paprika, and stir well. Now sprinkle paprika on top and put in the fridge for 5-6 hours but preferably overnight. Give it time to cool and for all the lavors to meld together. 

I ate some with my tilapia loin for lunch the next day. Of course, it's not real potato salad but it's a pretty good substitute.




Thanks for following this blog. 

FYI, the fish was cooked in the microwave with butter and Old Bay seasoning. Easy peasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment