Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Low carb Salmon Patties



Low Carb Salmon Patties

easy




Ingredients:

  1. 1 can Salmon
  2. 2 eggs, beaten
  3. juice from half lemon
  4. 1 t. Old Bay Seasoning
  5. 1/2 c. mayonnaise
  6. 1 c. processed pork rinds
  7. 1 slice of onion, diced up 
  8. salt and pepper to your taste
I ran the pork rinds through my food processor until it was a pretty fine meal. I used almost the whole bag to get a cup's worth. I threw the can of salmon in the bowl with the beaten eggs and stirred it around breaking up the chunks of fish in smaller pieces. Then add the lemon juice, the mayo, the spices and onion and mixed it all together. Then I put in the pork rind meal as a filler to use instead of the typical breadcrumbs thus cutting out those carbs. 

Let the mixture sit for a few minutes and the pork rind meal will absorb the juices and thicken up the mixture. As a side note, I should have diced my onion into smaller pieces. And if you don't care for an onion that much you can use less than a whole thick slice, but I like the onion. 




I made them into hamburger-sized patties and put them in a heated skillet sprayed with some canned cooking spray. You can use canola or olive. And another way to put the mixture in the pan is to use a big spoon and put a hefty spoonful on the hot skillet. Let them cook on a medium heat for about 7 mins. on one side and then gently turn them with a spatula. Then you can take the spatula and smoosh the patties down a little 

Let them cook another 7 mins. and they should be done and golden brown. The picture shows 4 patties but the mixture makes 6 nice sized ones. I could only fit 4 at a time in my cast iron skillet. 



These went well with some cauliflower salad (faux potato salad) which I will post the recipe soon and add the link here.  No Potato Tater Salad  I think they'd be good with just a dinner salad, too. I enjoyed them a lot and I hope you will, too!

Below are some links to some of my favorite products. If you click through them I may earn a few cents but it's at no additional cost to you. It just helps me to keep bringing people these low carb recipes. 

Today I'm featuring the cast iron skillet that you see in the above picture. I love this skillet!




No comments:

Post a Comment