Monday, March 28, 2011

Low Carb Cinnamon Coffee Cake

In one of my previous blog postings I said that the cake recipe for the lemon bars could be used for other desserts. See lemon bars here...... Low Carb Lemon Bars. I hadn't made any before but that was the statement from George Stella's cook book. The other day I was drinking my morning coffee and I remembered that cinnamon cake thing and thought I'd make one to go with my coffee.




I whipped up the basic cake recipe and baked it. It's so darn easy. I let it rest for five minutes and I laid some chopped pecans in several places on top. Then I poured the mixture from the lemon bar recipe but minus the lemon juice and zest and with a teaspoon of cinnamon.

This was very good. I even took it to work and several people tried it and said it was good. It went extremely well with my morning coffee, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment