Saturday, February 4, 2012

Pumpkin Pound Cake "Stella Style"


I might have mentioned this before but I love George Stella and his recipes. I so appreciate that he was there many years ago developing good low carb recipes and presenting them on his show that use to be on the Food Network. I miss not having him on there anymore. So the next best thing is to have all of his cook books. He has a new one out and it can be found on QVC with 130 new recipes "Still Livin' Low Carb;A Lifetime of LowCarb Recipes".

I'm just going to include the link to George Stella's Pumpkin Pound Cake instead of copying and pasting the recipe in here. People have given it a 5 star rating as most of Chef Stella's recipes on Food Network are. I found the pumpkin pound cake very good and since I live alone I cut the recipe in half and baked it in a mini loaf pan. I kept the leftovers in the fridge as baked goods containing almond meal seem to spoil faster than ones made with flour. When I wanted a slice, I'd put it under the toaster oven for awhile and then either put home made whipped topping on it or some plain cream cheese. It was good either way and once I even sprinkled some Cinnamon in the whipped topping.

I really enjoyed it in the evening with a big mug of hot tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment