Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Garlic Cheddar Biscuits Made With Coconut Flour


Garlic Cheddar Biscuits

We've come such a long way in the world of low carb eating. I remember several years ago when I first discovered the Atkins diet. We pretty much were limited to using soy flour or Atkins bake mix for baking with. I never cared for either one or the newer Carbquik mix. So I was skeptical about whether these would be good. Well, let me tell you, they are very close to the real thing like the ones they serve at a popular seafood restaurant. These are also very filling, I think. I ate one at breakfast as soon as they were done and cooled enough to eat and I was full.

I found the recipe at this blog:  Sugar Free Low Carb

Makes 10 biscuits
Net carbs per biscuit: 2g
Other nutritional values: 109 calories, 9g fat, 4g protein


You can print the recipe from her blog but be aware that there is a mistake if you do it that way. I used the print option and when it finished printing out it didn't have  the garlic powder in the list of ingredients. Just giving you a heads up if she hasn't fixed it.

This was my first time at cooking with coconut flour and I'm happy with the results I had with these biscuits. Now I'm thinking of purchasing this book: Cooking With Coconut Flour by Bruce Fifie to add to my ever growing collection of low carb cook books.  

No comments:

Post a Comment